From Jack Orenstein <j...@akiban.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper, Maven and dependencies on javax jar files
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 21:51:31 GMT
Ted Dunning wrote:
> Which version of maven do you have?

2.2.1.

> I have heard some versions don't follow redirects well.  You can try
> deleting these defective files in your local repository under .m2 and try
> again.  You may need to try with a newer maven to get things right.

I tried deleting them manually before trying various other repositories, (including the one
mentioned in the "jar" file).

> Another option is to explicitly remove those dependencies since they are
> optional anyway.  This sort of trick is commonly necessary with log4j.  Try
> something like this (suitably adjusted, of course):
>
>        <dependency>
>             <groupId>log4j</groupId>
>             <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
>             <version>1.2.15</version>
>             <exclusions>
>                 <exclusion>
>                     <groupId>com.sun.jmx</groupId>
>                     <artifactId>jmxri</artifactId>
>                 </exclusion>
>                 <exclusion>
>                     <groupId>com.sun.jdmk</groupId>
>                     <artifactId>jmxtools</artifactId>
>                 </exclusion>
>                 <exclusion>
>                     <groupId>javax.jms</groupId>
>                     <artifactId>jms</artifactId>
>                 </exclusion>
>                 <exclusion>
>                     <groupId>javax.mail</groupId>
>                     <artifactId>mail</artifactId>
>                 </exclusion>
>             </exclusions>
>         </dependency>

This at least gets me through the build/install phase. My usage of zookeeper is pretty minimal
right now -- just one a single node. What features of zookeeper depend on the excluded jar
files?

Thanks very much for your quick response.

Jack