From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New ZooKeeper client library "Cages"
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 23:51:18 GMT
Hi Dominic, this looks really interesting thanks for open sourcing it. I
really like the idea of providing higher level concepts. I only just
looked at the code, it wasn't clear on first pass what happens if you
multilock on 3 paths, the first 2 are success, but the third fails. How
are the locks cleared? How about the case where the client loses
connectivity to the cluster, what happens in this case (both if partial
locks are acquired, and the case where all the locks were acquired (for
example how does the caller know if the locks are still held or released
due to client partitioned from the cluster, etc...)).

I'll try d/l the code and looking at it more, I see some javadoc in
there as well so that's great.

Regards,

Patrick