From Lei Zhang <lzvoya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bizarre ZooKeeper Client Behaviour
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 00:17:06 GMT
Sorry for hijacking this thread.

By default the server will only allow 10 sessions to be active from a
> particular client (ip), perhaps you hit this and it triggered the storm?

I am very surprise to hear about this limit. Our system has a number of
daemons using zookeeper service, each daemon maintaining a zk session. I am
in the process of changing to each thread of each daemon maintaining a zk
session. That means we will hit this 10 session limit very easily.

Patrick - what is the rationale for this 10 session limit?

Thanks,
Lei