From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Partially partitioned connectivity
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 18:38:12 GMT
Real ZK developers will answer shortly, but your scenario is still a bit
ambiguous.  The results will differ depending on the context of the
partition.

If the partition occurs after leader election and A is the leader, I don't
think that operations will be impacted unless another leader election is
initiated.

If the partition occurs after leader election and B (or C) is the leader,
then I think that C (or B) will think it has been partitioned from the net
and freeze.  A and B will continue to operate.

If the partition occurs during or before leader election, I don't know what
will happen, but my guess is that the election will succeed with a quorum
and one of the two previous scenarios will apply.