From Mahadev Konar <maha...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: odd error message
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 00:37:28 GMT
Ok, I think this is possible.
So here is what happens currently. This has been a long standing bug and
should be fixed in 3.4!!!!

A newly elected leader currently doesn't log the new leader transaction to
its database

In your case, the follower (the 3rd server) did log it but the leader never
did. Now when you brought up the 3rd server it had the transaction log
present but the leader did not have that. In that case the 3rd server cried
fowl and shut down.

Removing the DB is totally fine. For now, we should update our docs on 3.3
and mention that this problem might occur during upgrade and fix it in 3.4.

Thanks for bringing it up Ted.

Thanks
mahadev