From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bizarre ZooKeeper Client Behaviour
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 00:27:00 GMT
Hi Lei, that's a good question -- DOS attack. We had a few cases where
clients were creating infinite numbers of sessions and never closing
them due to programming bugs. This results in the ZK service maxing out
resources (typically file descriptors) and failing. This is very bad
from an availability perspective so to protect against this we added a
limit. The good thing is that this limit was made configurable, so you
can set it however you like:

See "maxClientCnxns" here: http://bit.ly/9nAowJ

Patrick