From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bizarre ZooKeeper Client Behaviour
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 23:17:09 GMT
Are you sure you're closing the ZooKeeper object before creating a new one?

I see names like:
"task-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread-EventThread"

this most likely means you are creating ZK sessions in your watcher.
This is fine, but you just need to make sure you close the old one.
Perhaps some corner case in your code got triggered and it started
creating ZK sessions recursively w/o bound?

By default the server will only allow 10 sessions to be active from a
particular client (ip), perhaps you hit this and it triggered the storm?

Patrick