From David Rosenstrauch <dar...@darose.net>
Subject Re: zkCli.sh missing from zookeeper package in Cloudera CDH contrib repo?
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 14:39:31 GMT
Hmmm ... contrib repo definitely is still available.  I just used it the
other day.  (See:  http://archive.cloudera.com/redhat/cdh/ )

Bummer about the missing zkCli script.  I'll have to figure some way
around it.  Perhaps it might even make sense to downgrade to an earlier
version of the package in the repo.  I'd rather not install it from a
tarball, though.  I much prefer using a package manager.

As far as adding ZK as a first-class package in the CDH, yes I've heard
it's coming.  But it's not here yet, and unfortunately I need to get a
ZK instance up and running ASAP.

Is there an anticipated release date for ZK in the CDH?  I can't speak
for anyone else, but I'd be happy if you guys released something ASAP -
even if it was explicitly an alpha or beta quality release - rather than
having to wait.

Thanks much for all the hard work you guys put into the CDH!

Best,

DR