From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Client reconnection after a connection loss
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 16:13:52 GMT
Hi Julien,

take a look at the FAQ for some background:

Basically when your client connects to the server it provides a
"timeout" value. If the server doesn't hear from your client within this
timeout period (we do heartbeating for you in a background thread, you
don't have to worry about this) then it will expire the session.

You have a watcher for the session - it will be notified both on
disconnect but also when/if the session is expired. An expired session
is invalid, if this happens you have to create a new session. This is
different from a disconnect notification, where you just wait for the
client library to reconnect you to the cluster (say you lose
connectivity to the server)

On 04/21/2010 01:44 AM, Julien Vey wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm currently working with ZooKeeper in CXF D-OSGI and i'm facing a
> problem that would require your help.
> When a client is connected to the ZooKeeper server, and the connection
> is lost, it throws a ConnectionLossException.
> The problem is when the connection is back, the client doesn't reconnect
> itself. I can see the following trace on the server
> 2010-04-20 17:44:21,526 - INFO [NIOServerCxn.Factory:>
>$Factory@251] - Accepted socket
> connection from /
> 2010-04-20 17:44:21,526 - INFO [NIOServerCxn.Factory:
>] - Client attempting to renew
> session0x1281ba54e900005 at /
> 2010-04-20 17:44:21,527 - INFO [NIOServerCxn.Factory:
>] - Invalid session
> 0x1281ba54e900005 for client /, probably expired
> 2010-04-20 17:44:21,527 - INFO [NIOServerCxn.Factory:
>] - Closed socket connection for
> client / which had sessionid 0x1281ba54e900005
> The client tries to reconnect with an expired session id.
> Is it possible to configure zookeeper in order that it accepts this
> connection by recreating a new session, or maybe something else that
> would make the reconnection works ?
> Thanks in advance for your help
> Julien.

View raw message