From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject 4letter word (monitor) issue in 3.3.0 with nc (netcat)
Date Sat, 10 Apr 2010 21:32:42 GMT
I discovered a problem using nc with 3.3.0 such as:

echo stat | nc localhost 2181

full details here: http://bit.ly/ahkHdb

The failure is intermittent for me (timing issue) but I wanted to let
everyone know about it given that nc is frequently used for monitoring.
Given the nature of the problem you may be seeing results inconsistent
with the status of the server (server up but stat not returning data).

This does not effect the functioning of the server, just the command
itself is impaired.

We'll probably do a 3.3.1 relatively soon to correct this (and a few
other issues that are slated for 3.3.1).

Patrick