From Ivan Kelly <iv...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Solitication for logging/debugging requirements
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:07:49 GMT
Hi,

Im going to be using Zookeeper quite extensively for a project in a
few weeks, but development hasn't kicked off yet. This means I have
some time on my hands and I'd like to get familiar with zookeeper
beforehand by perhaps writing some tools to make debugging problems
with it easier so as to save myself some time in the future. Problem
is I haven't had to debug many zookeeper problems yet, so I don't know
where the pain points are.

So, without further ado,
	- Are there any places that logging is deficient that sorely needs
improvement?
	- Could current logs be improved any amount or presented in a more
readable fashion?
	- Would some form of log visualisation be useful (for example in
something approximating a sequence diagram)?

Feel free to suggest anything which the list above doesn't allude to
which you think would be helpful.

Cheers,
Ivan