From "zd.wbh"<zd....@163.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: How to ensure trasaction create-and-update
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 08:28:44 GMT
Ted, your suggested flow guaranteed the update sequence to succeed or fail completely. It is
under the assumption that zookeeper requester is stable enough. what if a server restart occur
in the update sequence, no abort or proceed action can be done. I'm just curious how to handle
this kinds of dirty data.

2010-03-31

Will

发件人: Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com>
发送时间: 2010-03-30 15:39
主 题: Re: Re: Re: How to ensure trasaction create-and-update
收件人: zookeeper-user@hadoop.apache.org

As I mentioned, you can keep state in the disk as an echo of the diskPair.
If you don't mind a small delay after constructing the pair, then you can
just rely on the copy in the disk structure and never refer to the version
in the diskPair.

The other transitions that you describe can easily be implemented on that
same basis.