From Benjamin Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Solitication for logging/debugging requirements
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:14:44 GMT
awesome! that would be great ivan. i'm sure pat has some more concrete
suggestions, but one simple thing to do is to run the unit tests and
look at the log messages that get output. there are a couple of
categories of things that need to be fixed (this is in no way exhaustive):

1) messages that have useful information, but only if you look in the
code to figure out what it means. there are some leader election
messages that fall into this category. it would be nice to clarify them.
2) there are error messages that really aren't errors. when shutting
down there are a bunch of errors that are expected, but still logged,
for example.
3) misclassified error levels

welcome aboard!

ben