From Benjamin Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Managing multi-site clusters with Zookeeper
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2010 18:24:10 GMT
it is a bit confusing but initLimit is the timer that is used when a
follower connects to a leader. there may be some state transfers
involved to bring the follower up to speed so we need to be able to
allow a little extra time for the initial connection.

after that we use syncLimit to figure out if a leader or follower is
dead. a peer (leader or follower) is considered dead if syncLimit ticks
goes by without hearing from the other machine. (this is after the
initial connection has been made.)

please open a jira to made the text a bit more explicit. feel free to
add suggestions :)

thanx
ben