From Benjamin Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: When session expired event fired?
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 23:07:50 GMT
i was looking through the docs to see if we talk about handling session expired, but i couldn't
find anything. we should probably open a jira to add to the docs, unless i missed something.
did i?

ben

-----Original Message-----
From: Mahadev Konar [mailto:mahadev@yahoo-inc.com]
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 2:43 PM
To: zookeeper-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: When session expired event fired?

Hi,
 a zookeeper client does not expire a session until and unless it is able to
connect to one of the servers. In your case if you kill all the servers, the
client is not able to connect to any of the servers and will keep trying to
connect to the three servers. It cannot expire a session on its own and
needs to hear from the server to know if the session is expired or not.

Does that help?

Thanks
mahadev