From Thomas Koch <tho...@koch.ro>
Subject zookeeper for gearman?
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2010 09:01:02 GMT
CC to zookeeper-user

Hi,

I've not keeped myself up to date on gearman development in the last weeks
(months) since I've been occupied with other duties, mostly the introduction
of hadoop[1] in our company.
One subproject of hadoop is zookeeper[2], "a centralized service for
maintaining configuration information, naming, providing distributed
synchronization, and providing group services.".
One of the documented use cases of zookeeper is a distributed queue[3].
(However this document doesn't seem to be that well written.)
I woundered if anyone from the gearman project has already heard of zookeeper
and eventually considered a gearman implementation on top of it? It shouldn't
be that hard and it would get you replication for free.
Maybe I'll try ones my current project is done. :-)

[1] http://hadoop.apache.org/
[2] http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/
[3] http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/current/zookeeperTutorial.html

Best regards,