From Jaakko <rosvopaalli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question about locking in java singleton class
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2010 05:08:26 GMT
Hi Mahadev,

Thanks for you reply. Yes, I did check the example implementation.
However, it is not suitable for my purpose as such because it needs a
separate ZooKeeper instance for each WriteLock. I want to support
multiple threads through one ZooKeeper instance (don't want to pay for
connect overhead every time just to get a lock). Is this approach bad?

I'm not sure, but there seems to be a possibility of starvation in the
example code (locks are ordered based on session ID rather than znode
id). I'll open a ticket for this.

Thanks,
-Jaakko