From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can zookeeper achive the IBM TSA function?
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 07:38:20 GMT
yes.

But there is some danger that A will maintain a connection to ZK and thus
retain the master status without being able to act as such.

If you can guarantee that A will exit or go catatonic if it is unable to
continue, then ZK should solve your problem.  This failure scenario is
common, but with a database, I would wonder if there are others.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve