From Flavio Junqueira <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Namespace partitioning ?
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2010 09:17:17 GMT
Hi, Mahadev said it all, we have been thinking about it for a while,
but haven't had time to work on it. I also don't think we have a jira
open for it; at least I couldn't find one. But, we did put together
some comments:

	http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/PartitionedZookeeper

One of the main issues we have observed there is that partitioning
will force us to change our consistency guarantees, which is far from
ideal. However, some users seem to be ok with it, but I'm not sure we
have agreement.

In any case, please feel free to contribute or simply express your
interests so that we can take them into account.

Thanks,
-Flavio