From Michael Bauland <Michael.Baul...@knipp.de>
Subject Re: stop script not working
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2010 13:02:56 GMT
Hi Patrick,

thank you very much for you quick reply.

With your help I found the problem. The variable $ZOOPIDFILE in the
zkServer.sh script containted the following (weird) string:

/zookeeper_server.pidver1/data

And this of course doesn't work. The problem was that in the zoo.cfg
file I had DOS carriage returns. :-(
For some reason this didn't bother the snapshots and logs, as they were
written to my data diretory. But the PID file wasn't there.
Once I fixed this and used UNIX carriage returns, everything works. I
can stop zookeeper now. :-)

Sorry for this stupid error and thanks again for your help.

Cheers,

Michael

--

Michael Bauland