From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: blog post about zk and group membership
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 17:49:39 GMT
Adam, this is awesome! I've retweeted it on my twitter account:
http://twitter.com/phunt/status/7637054275

A few comments:

1) you are correct about the "off the shelf" part, but really alot of
that is our marketing blurb, we paint with a broad stroke. I think it
would make sense to include this sort of detail in the "recipes" page
though, would you be interested to create a JIRA and submit some
content? (you could re purpose alot of what you have in your post)

2) re zkclient - I have not been following that project closely of late,
however Mahadev and I did review their code a few months ago. At that
time we had some concerns about the semantic impact of some of the
design choices they made (which were fine, just not well documented and
therefor easy for users to miss). In particular (again, at the time, may
be addressed by now) watch notifications could be lost during
disconnected/expired sessions, and the user would not be made aware of this.

3) excellent point/suggestion on the "rogue" service

Patrick