From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why is not win32 usable in production?
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 17:35:45 GMT
There are 3 principal components to zookeeper: java server and client, c
client. The c client is used in the perl/python bindings (available in
the contrib directory).

The java code itself should run in any JVM 1.6 or later, however the
docs/scripts and C code typically only run under unix or unix-like
environments. This is why we recommend cygwin for windows.

Patrick

ps. someone has contributed windows batch files for running the
server/client, but this is currently unreleased change - it's slated to
be included in the upcoming 3.3.0 release. Obviously you could just run
the jvm w/o the scripts, this is fine.