From "Mekaraj, Prashant" <Prashant.Meka...@morganstanley.com>
Subject Pluggable authentication question
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 19:17:15 GMT
Hi,
I am using ZooKeeper 3.2.2 and trying to build a custom Kerberos based authentication plugin
for it. I have the plugin working functionally, but I need one additional bit of information
that I don't see anywhere on the zookeeper API. To make a Kerberos connection, the client
needs to know the name of the server to set the principal correctly. Since zookeeper randomly
picks a server from the set of servers passed to it, I was looking to see if there is a method
that would return the server name it actually connected to after it fires the SyncConnected
event.

Is there a way to get this information in the C or the Java API ?

Thanks
-prashant

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy, and notify sender. Sender does not intend to
We may monitor and store emails to the extent permitted by applicable law.