From Henry Robinson <he...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon 2009 Meetup talk, also ZooKeeper packages available for download
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2009 07:14:14 GMT
At the same event, I gave a presentation on two JIRAs I've been working on -
observers and dynamic ensembles. The slides are up on Slideshare here:
http://www.slideshare.net/cloudera/zookeeper-futures, and I will try to get
them uploaded to the wiki page.

I was also able to announce ZooKeeper packages as part of Cloudera's
Distribution for Hadoop - a free, stable, package-based distribution of
Mapred, HDFS, Hive, Pig and now ZooKeeper that we maintain at Cloudera for
users who want the convenience of using their package-management tools and
service frameworks to run Hadoop projects. The latest release of the
ZooKeeper RPMs is here: http://archive.cloudera.com/redhat/cdh/unstable/,
with tarball and Debian packages to follow shortly. We're hoping to add a
lot of improvements over the coming weeks. If you have any questions about
the packages, please shoot me a private e-mail unless you think the whole
list would be interested.

cheers,
Henry