From Maarten Koopmans <maar...@vrijheid.net>
Subject legacy style watchers - or none at all
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:15:58 GMT
Hi,

I am coding away on yet another client interface, and I can live in a
situation where I have no watchers. Callbacks into my interpreter are a
bit risky as well, so I am opting for the legacy style now, wrapping the
c interface in such a way that it never allows watchers on paths (and
hence, callbacks).

My question is: "legacy style" watchers... legacy implies they'll go? I
hope not, or if so, we can get the C watcherless (I am not sure how the
C API would handle a void (empty char*) pointer for a callback). I like
being able to set the boolean to false for legacy style watchers - it
saves me a lot of trouble.

--Maarten