From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some thoughts on Zookeeper after using it for a while in the CXF/DOSGi subproject
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 18:49:56 GMT
Seriously though, if you do pick this up feel free to ping us if you
have questions. 425 should be easy for you (it's just updating the
build.xml afaict?) but 575 is a bit tricky. We've removed some sysexits
where it's been simple, however at least one of the ones that's left is
tricky - the tricky part being to ensure the "server" shuts down in the
case of catastrophic failure (failfast). I'd love to see these two jiras
go in.

Thanks!

Patrick

davidb@apache.org wrote:
> Ok - I get the message :)
> Let me see if I can do some experimenting around running the zookeeper
> server in OSGi and I'll report back...
>
> David
>
> 2009/11/10 Patrick Hunt <phunt@apache.org>
>> I couldn't find a JIRA for removing the sys exits so I created one:
>>
>> there's also this which seems like it should be easy for someone
>> who knows osgi container jar format requirements:
>>
>> Now we just need to find someone who's interested and who would really like to run
the server in his osgi container to work on these... (hint hint) ;-)