From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ZK on EC2
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 00:54:55 GMT
I'm really interested to know how ec2 compares wrt disk and network
performance to what I've documented here under the "hardware" section:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/ServiceLatencyOverview#Hardware

Is it possible for someone to compare the network and disk performance
(scp, dd, md5sum, etc...) that I document in the wiki page on say, EC2
small/large nodes? I'd do it myself but I've not used ec2. If anyone
could try these and report I'd appreciate it.

Patrick