From Leonard Cuff <lc...@valueclick.com>
Subject Re: specifying the location of zookeeper.log
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 18:27:25 GMT

I should have mentioned in my original email, but I had already tried
setting ZOO_LOG_DIR as an environment variable. I am using zkServer.sh and I
see where it passes ZOO_LOG_DIR as a parameter to the java invocation.

 java  "-Dzookeeper.log.dir=${ZOO_LOG_DIR}"
"-Dzookeeper.root.logger=${ZOO_LOG4J_PROP}" \
     -cp $CLASSPATH $JVMFLAGS $ZOOMAIN $ZOOCFG &

I double checked by echo'ing the value of ZOO_LOG_DIR just before the java
command. It's set correctly ... but it has no effect on the location of
zookeeper.log :-(

Leonard

--

Leonard Cuff
lcuff@valueclick.com

³This email and any files included with it may contain privileged,
proprietary and/or confidential information that is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s).  Any disclosure, copying, distribution, posting, or
use of the information contained in or attached to this email is prohibited
unless permitted by the sender.  If you have received this email in error,
please immediately notify the sender via return e-mail, telephone, or fax
and destroy this original transmission and its included files without
reading or saving it in any manner. Thank you.²