From Mark Vigeant <mark.vige...@riskmetrics.com>
Subject RE: Cluster Configuration Issues
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 13:42:53 GMT
Thank you guys for all of your immediate help!

My machines are currently down for other reasons so I'll be able to try things again, send
out the errors I'm getting and such in a day or so (hopefully!)

thanks again!

-Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Hunt [mailto:phunt@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 1:55 PM
To: zookeeper-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cluster Configuration Issues

You might try my ZooKeeper configuration generator if you have python
handy: http://bit.ly/mBEcF

The main issue that I see with your config is that each config file
needs to contain a list of all the servers in the ensemble:

syncLimit=2
server.1=host1...
server.2=host2...
server.3=host3...
server.4=host4...

where the "myid" file in the data dir for each hostX corresponds to it's
server id (so myid=1 on host1, myid=2 on host2, etc...)

Patrick

Mark Vigeant wrote:
> Hey-
>
> So I'm trying to run hbase on 4 nodes, and in order to do that I need to run zookeeper
in replicated mode (I could have hbase run the quorum for me, but it's suggested that I don't).

> I have an issue though.  For some reason the id I'm assigning each server in the file
"myid" in the assigned data directory is not getting read. I feel like another id is being
created and put somewhere else. Does anyone have any tips on starting a zookeeper quorum?
Do I create the myid file myself or do I edit one once it is created by zookeeper?

> This is what my  config looks like:
> ticktime=2000
> dataDir=/home/hadoop/zookeeper
> clientPort=2181
> initLimit=5
> syncLimit=2
> server.1=hadoop1:2888:3888
>
> The name of my machine is hadoop1, with user name hadoop. In /home/hadoop/zookeeper I've
created a myid file with the number 1 in it.