From Mark Vigeant <mark.vige...@riskmetrics.com>
Subject Cluster Configuration Issues
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2009 17:12:22 GMT
Hey-

So I'm trying to run hbase on 4 nodes, and in order to do that I need to run zookeeper in
replicated mode (I could have hbase run the quorum for me, but it's suggested that I don't).

I have an issue though.  For some reason the id I'm assigning each server in the file "myid"
in the assigned data directory is not getting read. I feel like another id is being created
and put somewhere else. Does anyone have any tips on starting a zookeeper quorum? Do I create
the myid file myself or do I edit one once it is created by zookeeper?

This is what my  config looks like:
ticktime=2000
dataDir=/home/hadoop/zookeeper
clientPort=2181
initLimit=5
syncLimit=2
server.1=hadoop1:2888:3888

The name of my machine is hadoop1, with user name hadoop. In /home/hadoop/zookeeper I've created
a myid file with the number 1 in it.

Mark Vigeant
RiskMetrics Group, Inc.