From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject ZooKeeper Service Latency Overview
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 23:49:14 GMT
Some users have asked what performance one should expect from a ZK
cluster based on number of cores, client load, disk performance, etc...
I put together the following survey that looks at performance on
hardware with varying core counts using a shared 7200RPM disk. Many of
our users don't wish to use a dedicated logging device, so I've run all
the tests with the ZK datadir sharing space with the OS (no dedicated
transactional log device). I hope you find this useful: http://bit.ly/4ekN8G

Regards,

Patrick