From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Restarting a single zookeeper Server on the same port within the process
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 03:46:12 GMT
Siddharth Raghavan wrote:
> I need to restart a single zookeeper server node on the same port within
> my unit tests.

Are you testing c or java client?

> I tried stopping the server, having a delay and restarting it on the
> same port. But the server doesn't startup. When I re-start on a
> different port, it starts up correctly.

You may be running into this:
http://hea-www.harvard.edu/~fine/Tech/addrinuse.html

Take a look at the zk tests, we do this in some cases and it works for
us so you should be able to do similar.

See RecoveryTest.java or TestClient.cc for java and c respectively. Ring
us back if you still have questions.

Patrick