From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cluster Configuration Issues
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2009 17:55:15 GMT
You might try my ZooKeeper configuration generator if you have python
handy: http://bit.ly/mBEcF

The main issue that I see with your config is that each config file
needs to contain a list of all the servers in the ensemble:

syncLimit=2
server.1=host1...
server.2=host2...
server.3=host3...
server.4=host4...

where the "myid" file in the data dir for each hostX corresponds to it's
server id (so myid=1 on host1, myid=2 on host2, etc...)

Patrick

Mark Vigeant wrote:
> Hey-
>
> So I'm trying to run hbase on 4 nodes, and in order to do that I need to run zookeeper
in replicated mode (I could have hbase run the quorum for me, but it's suggested that I don't).

> I have an issue though.  For some reason the id I'm assigning each server in the file
"myid" in the assigned data directory is not getting read. I feel like another id is being
created and put somewhere else. Does anyone have any tips on starting a zookeeper quorum?
Do I create the myid file myself or do I edit one once it is created by zookeeper?

> This is what my  config looks like:
> ticktime=2000
> dataDir=/home/hadoop/zookeeper
> clientPort=2181
> initLimit=5
> syncLimit=2
> server.1=hadoop1:2888:3888
>
> The name of my machine is hadoop1, with user name hadoop. In /home/hadoop/zookeeper I've
created a myid file with the number 1 in it.