From Flavio Junqueira <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: The idea behind 'myid'
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:14:48 GMT
We just need a unique identifier for every server. If such an
identifier "magically" appears somehow, then I believe our protocols
will be equally happy. Now, a mechanism to assign ids would also have
to take into consideration the group scheme we have for hierarchical
quorums. To assign servers to groups, we currently use the identifiers
we assign manually to servers. If we don't have such identifiers, then
we need a different way of configuring groups.

-Flavio