From Benjamin Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: The idea behind 'myid'
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2009 13:56:53 GMT
can you clarify what you are asking for? are you just looking for
motivation? or are you trying to find out how to use it?

the myid file just has the unique identifier (number) of the server in
the cluster. that number is matched against the id in the configuration
file. there isn't much to say about it:
http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/r3.2.1/zookeeperStarted.html

ben