From Jason Venner <jason.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The idea behind 'myid'
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:34:27 GMT
I do find having to have a custom file in each zk root somewhat awkward, as
I like to rsync my configuration files around. I also would prefer not to
have to have all of my zk nodes listed in the configuration file by id.

I think I would prefer it if there was a mechanism for each log directory to
come up with a cluster unique id, and then the jvm running on that log dir
would advertise that ID.

If there was a control that would allow runtime changing of the required
quorum, then I could dynamically add and remove nodes.