From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: configuring Zookeeper in HBase with IP addresses only
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 19:58:37 GMT
Oh ok well HBase relies on the DNS class shipped with Hadoop to
determine your address. It will try to use a hostname if possible but
what comes out of there really depends on your OS configuration. In
your case, that means that it resolved a hostname instead of an IP
(which is rare) so you should use it instead.

Also this is HBase-specific, ZK isn't really involved.

J-D