From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: zookeeper on ec2
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 18:38:11 GMT
I disagree with the original post that this is a problem, even in EC2.
Having the persistent copy on disk is exactly what makes the rolling restart
work so well.

I think that the misunderstanding is that this on-disk image is critical to
cluster function.  It is not critical because it is replicated to all
cluster members.  This means that any member can disappear and a new
instance can replace it with no big cost other than the temporary load of
copying the current snapshot from some cluster member.