From "Todd Greenwood" <to...@audiencescience.com>
Subject RE: test failures in branch-3.2
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 18:16:25 GMT
Inline.

ZOOKEEPER-473.patch,
> > which is a pretty hefty patch (> 2k lines) and touches a large
number of
> > files.
>
> Hrm, those patches were probably created against the trunk. We'll have
> to have separate patches for trunk and 3.2 branch on 481.
>
> If you could update the jira with this detail (481 needs two patches,
> one for each branch) that would be great!

Done.

> > 3. Apply ZOOKEEPER-473.patch. Builds, but QuorumPeerMainTest fails
(jvm
> > crashes).
>
> 473 is "special" (unique) in the sense that it changes log4j while the
> the vm is running. In general though it's a pretty boring test and
> shouldn't be failing.
>
> Are you sure you have the right patch file? there are 2 patch files on
> the JIRA for 473, make sure that you have the one from 7/16, NOT the
one
> from 7/15. Check that the patch file, the correct one should NOT
contain
> changes to build.xml or conf/log4j* files. If this still happens send
me
> your build.xml, conf/log4j* and QuroumPeerMainTest.java files in email
> for review. I'll take a look.

I've annotated the files w/ their date while downloading:
112700 2009-07-31 11:02 ZOOKEEPER-473-7-15.patch
110607 2009-07-31 11:01 ZOOKEEPER-473-7-16.patch

It appears I applied the 7-16 patch, as that is the matching file size
of the patch file I applied.

If there are to be multiple patch files for multiple branches (3.2,
trunk, etc.) would it make sense to lable the patch files accordingly?

Requested files in attached tar.

-Todd

> Patrick
>

> > [junit] Running
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMainTest