From Erik Holstad <erikhols...@gmail.com>
Subject Instantiating HashSet for DataNode?
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 20:42:42 GMT
I'm not sure if I've miss read the code for the DataNode, but to me it looks
like every node gets a set of children even though it might be an
ephemeral node which cannot have children, so we are wasting 240 B for every
one of those. Not sure if it makes a big difference, but just thinking
that since everything sits in memory and there is no reason to instantiate
it, maybe it would be possible just to add a check in the constructor?

Regards Erik