From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: test failures in branch-3.2
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 05:57:20 GMT
Todd Greenwood wrote:
> Starting w/ branch-3.2 (no changes) I applied patches in this order:
>
> 1. Apply ZOOKEEPER-479.patch. Builds, but HierarchicalQuorumTest fails.
> 2. Apply ZOOKEEPER-481.patch. Fails to build, b/c of missing file -
> PortAssignment.java.
>
> PortAssignment.java was added by Patrick as part of ZOOKEEPER-473.patch,
> which is a pretty hefty patch (> 2k lines) and touches a large number of
> files.

Hrm, those patches were probably created against the trunk. We'll have
to have separate patches for trunk and 3.2 branch on 481.

If you could update the jira with this detail (481 needs two patches,
one for each branch) that would be great!

> 3. Apply ZOOKEEPER-473.patch. Builds, but QuorumPeerMainTest fails (jvm
> crashes).

473 is "special" (unique) in the sense that it changes log4j while the
the vm is running. In general though it's a pretty boring test and
shouldn't be failing.

Are you sure you have the right patch file? there are 2 patch files on
the JIRA for 473, make sure that you have the one from 7/16, NOT the one
from 7/15. Check that the patch file, the correct one should NOT contain
changes to build.xml or conf/log4j* files. If this still happens send me
your build.xml, conf/log4j* and QuroumPeerMainTest.java files in email
for review. I'll take a look.

Patrick