From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Instantiating HashSet for DataNode?
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 21:15:13 GMT
Erik, if you'd like enter a JIRA and take a whack at it go ahead.
Perhaps a subclass of DataNode specific for ephemerals? That way it can
handle any particulars - and should also minimize the number of
"if(children==null)" type checks that would be needed. (don't neg.
impact performance or b/w compat though). You would probably learn more
about zk internals, testing, etc... in the process.

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/HowToContribute

Patrick