From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about the sequential flag on create.
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 16:17:39 GMT
Nodes are maintained un-ordered on the server. A node can store any
subnodes, not exclusively sequential nodes. If we added an ordering
guarantee then then server would have to store the children sorted for
every parent node. This is a problem for a few reasons; 1) in many cases
you don't care about order, so all users would pay for ordering even if
they didn't want/use it, 2) the ordering would be done by the central
server, which would result in lower performance for everyone, not just
the client(s)/recipe(s) that needed ordering, 3) there is no guarantee
that the ordering you need (path) is the same order needed by all recipes.

Patrick