From Mahadev Konar <maha...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: General Question about Zookeeper
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:23:54 GMT
Hi Harold,
 As Henry mentioned, what acl's provide you is preventing access to znodes.
If someone has access to zookeeper's data stored on zookeeper's server
machines, they should be able to resconstruct the data and read it (using
zookeeper deserialization code).

I am not sure what kind of security model you are interested in, but for
ZooKeeper we expect the server side data stored on local disks be
inaccessible to normal users and only accessable to admins.

Hope this helps.
Thanks
mahadev