From Gustavo Niemeyer <gust...@niemeyer.net>
Subject Re: Confused about KeeperState.Disconnected and KeeperState.Expired
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 19:15:04 GMT
Hi Jean-Daniel,

> I understand, maybe the common client is the best place.

It sounds like something useful to have in the default API, FWIW.

> In our situation, if a HBase region server is in the state of being
> disconnected for too long, the regions it's holding cannot be reached so
> this is a major problem. Also, if the HMaster node gets the event that an

Out of curiosity, what do you intend to do when you get the exception?
 I mean, if you didn't get the expiration exception it means that the
reconnection isn't working in any case, so how do you plan to recover?

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net