From Benjamin Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Confused about KeeperState.Disconnected and KeeperState.Expired
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 20:41:51 GMT
sorry to jump in late.

if i understand the scenario correctly, you are partitioned from ZK, but
you still have access to the NN on which you are holding leases to
files. the problem is that even though your ephemeral nodes may timeout,
you are still holding a lease on the NN and recovery would go faster if
you actually closed the file. right? or is it deeper than that? can you
open a file in such a way that you stomp the lease? or make sure that
the lease timeout is smaller than the session timeout and only renew if
you are still connected to ZK?

thanx
ben