From Benjamin Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: NodeChildrenChanged WatchedEvent
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 20:01:23 GMT
i'm adding a faq on this right now. it's a rather common request.

we could put in the name of the node that is changing. indeed, we did in
the first cut of zookeeper, but then we found that every instance of
programs that used this resulted in bugs, so we removed it.

here is the problem:

you do a getChildren(), an event comes in that "foo" is deleted, and
right afterwords "goo" gets deleted, but you aren't going to get that
event since the previous delete fired and you haven't done another
getChildren(). this almost always results in an error, so much so that
we don't even give people the rope.

ben