From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problems on EC2?
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 18:32:06 GMT
Well that's good - 300ms max latency means that the server can round
trip any requests pretty quickly. It would lead me to look at the client
VMs or (intermittent) network problems...

Keep in mind though that's one of your servers (unless you are saying
you checked all X of the servers in the cluster and that was the overall
max?). You may discover one server that has issues while the other
servers are fine. In which case only clients connected to the "bad"
server(s) will experience problems. (and since clients can jump btw that
might be contributing the the randomness in observed occurrence)

Good luck and keep us posted. EC2 is very interesting, I'd like to learn
more about the operating environment and in particular the issues
involved with running ZK there.

Patrick