From "raghul@yahoo.com" <rag...@yahoo.com>
Subject Dynamic addition of servers to Zookeeper cluster
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 23:46:27 GMT

ZooKeeper gurus,

Can I add servers dynamically to a ZooKeeper cluster? If I understand ZooKeepr cluster correctly,
each server should know about other servers in the cluster during server start up. Does this
mean that the cluster size is static once the cluster is running and a new server can be added
to the cluster only by bringing down the cluster and restarting each server with the new server
name included in each server's configuration file?

Thanks
Raghu