From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Contrib section (nee Re: A modest proposal for simplifying zookeeper :)
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:35:44 GMT
Ben, you might want to look at buildr, it recently graduated from the
apache incubator:
http://buildr.apache.org/

"Buildr is a build system for Java applications. We wanted something
that’s simple and intuitive to use, so we only need to tell it what to
do, and it takes care of the rest. But also something we can easily
extend for those one-off tasks, with a language that’s a joy to use. And
of course, we wanted it to be fast, reliable and have outstanding
dependency management."

Also Ivy just released version 2.0.

If you have a specific idea and would like to start working on this
please create a JIRA to discuss/track/vote/etc... Be aware that the
contribution process, release process and other documentation would have
to be updated as part of this. For example if we want to push jars to an
artifact repo the artifacts/pom/etc... would have to be voted on as part
of the release process.

Patrick